Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Dear Brandon Inge, STFU Already.

Oh, Brandon. Brandon, Brandon, Brandon.

I want to keep liking you, I really do. But you are making it fricking impossible anymore, and I'm afraid I'm going to be joining the masses of other Detroit Tigers fans who have had it with the whining.

Look, Brandon. I get it, I really do. You want to be in the thick of it, you want to be an every day contributor to what appears to be one of the best teams taking the field this summer. You're hurt and frustrated that your job, a job that (except for the hitting) you do VERY well, was stolen right out from under you. I get it. And I don't begrudge your hurt feelings. But seriously, dude, STFU already.

Your nice, big, fat contract, coupled with your abysmal batting average, is not going to make you the most desirable trade prospect out there. You know it, the Tigers know it, every other team in MLB knows it. Hell, my 4 yr old knows it. However, that big fat contract is going to get paid to you whether or not you play every day or twice a week. You need to man up, and be what they need you to be. Even if it means you have to catch. The current state of Michigan's economy has left a lot of your fans out of work..and I guarantee that any one of them would be more than happy to sit their ass on the bench for that kind of paycheck.

So please, Brandon, suck it up and take your medicine like a big boy. Get your numbers up, make yourself worth that contract to another team, and most importantly, stop acting like a douche. You've done a lot of wonderful things for this community, and it is all going to be a distant memory soon if you keep sounding like a whiny brat.

Kisses,
The Queen

No comments: